Mornings tend to be one of the busiest parts of the day, so quick and easy breakfasts are a must for me! One of my favourite go-to’s is coconut yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. It’s simple, delicious, and the options are virtually endless!
This seed granola is based on a recipe from The Elimination Diet. I find it much easier on my system then other granolas that contain oatmeal or other grains. This one is primarily seeds and spices. Can’t get much simpler than that!
- Food processor
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup *Optional
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a food processor and process until you have a chunky, coarse meal.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add chia seeds, hemp seeds, coconut (if using) and spices. Mix together oil and syrup, then drizzle over seed mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, turning granola halfway through baking. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit if using.
- Let cool completely to crisp up before storing. Keeps best in a glass jar in a cool place.
- Serve over yogurt with fresh fruit for a delicious breakfast!
(These perfectly imperfect bowls are actually Coconut Bowls – coconut shells that have been made into bowls to help reduce waste from making other coconut products. How cool is that?!?)